It's the time of year where renters will be reaching out
about beach parking permits and how to obtain them! To help, we've put together
an outline of everything you will need for the Town of East Hampton, the Town of Southampton and the Village of Southampton - please see below for a guide by town:
Village of Southampton - Beach Parking permits
for Summer Visitors are on sale now. Permits will only be needed for May 15th
through September 15th. Guests will need to provide the following
to procure this permit:
- Permit Application - southamptonvillage.org
- Payment of $500 - This can be collected by check or credit card
- Valid Car Registration
- Self-Addressed and Stamped Envelope for permit to be mailed to guest
- Click here to see a list of beaches in the Village of Southampton
Guests can drop the application off directly at Village
Hall at their Dropbox by the main entrance. The address is 23 Main Street,
Southampton, NY 11968.
Town of Southampton - Beach parking permits
are only available online until May 2nd, at which point guests will
be able to purchase parking permits in person at the Parks and Recreation
Department located at 6 Newtown Road, Hampton Bays, NY 11946. Permits can also
be purchased directly at the beaches themselves. If a guests has a parking
permit from 2021 it will still be valid through June 30th.
Guests will need to provide the following to procure a parking permit:
- Valid Car Registration
- A copy of their lease or booking agreement
- Payment of $400
- Click here to see a list of beaches in the Town of Southampton
Currently the town is not requiring a rental permit for
these non-resident beach parking permits - but this is subject to change, so we
always recommend having a rental permit. Beach parking permits will only be
required Memorial Day through Labor Day. The most up-to-date information is
available here: southamptontownny.gov.
Town of East Hampton - Beach Parking permits
are required year round. For the most up to date information, please visit ehamptonny.gov.
Guests will need to mail their request with payment to the Town Clerk at 159
Pantigo Road, East Hampton, NY 11937 and will need to provide the following
information to receive their non-resident beach parking permit:
- Copy of car registration
- Note of your request (In this case it would be “Requesting a non-resident beach parking permit”)
- Phone Number
- Mailing Address
- Whether a guest will pick up the pass or prefer it mailed to them
- A copy of driver's license that matches the car registration
- Click here to see a list of beaches in the Town of East Hampton
Please see the list of town beaches below:
Village of Southampton Beaches:
- Coopers - Please note that this beach will also provide daily parking permits from May 15th through September 15th for $50 per day.
- Gin Lane
- Halsey Neck Lane
- Little Plains
- Old Town
- Road D
- Road G
Town of Southampton Beaches:
Beaches with Lifeguards -
- Pikes Beach in Westhampton Dunes - Will also provide daily parking permits Monday - Sunday for $30.
- Tiana Beach in East Quogue - Will also provide daily parking permits Monday - Sunday for $30.
- Ponquogue Beach in Hampton Bays - Will also provide daily parking permits Monday - Sunday for $30.
- Flying Point Beach in Water Mill
- Mecox Beach in Bridgehampton - Will also provide daily parking permits Monday - Friday for $30.
- Sagg Main Beach in Sagaponack - Will also provide daily parking permits Tuesday - Friday for $30.
- Foster Memorial (Long) Beach in Noyac - Will also provide daily parking permits Monday - Sunday for $30.
Beaches with no Lifeguards -
- Wildwood Lake Park in Northampton
- Long Neck Blvd in Flanders
- Dolphin Lane in East Quogue
- Mermaid Lane in East Quogue
- Sand Bar Beach in East Quogue
- Triton Lane in East Quogue
- Beachdale Rd in Hampton Bays
- East & West Landing in Hampton Bays
- Old Ponquogue Bridge Marine Park in Hampton Bays
- Petrel Lane in Hampton Bays
- Roads H, I, K & L in Hampton Bays
- Sunset Ave in Hampton Bays
- Tianna Bayside Recreational Facility in Hampton Bays
- Inlet Road West in Shinnecock Hills
- Sebonac Inlet Road in Tuckahoe
- Big Fresh Pond Fishing Access in North Sea - Permit is required year round
- Emma Rose Elliston Park in North Sea
- North Sea Road in North Sea
- Flying Point Road in Mecox Inlet
- Gibson Lane in Bridgehampton
- Ocean Road in Bridgehampton
- Peters Pond Lane in Sagaponack
- Trout Pond in Noyac
Town of East Hampton Beaches:
- Atlantic Avenue in Amagansett - Lifeguard/Restrooms/Concession all available. Daily permits are available for $50.
- Napeague Lane in Amagansett - Limited Parking available
- Louse Point in East Hampton
- Beach Line in Wainscott
- Town Line Road in Sagaponack
- Maidstone Park Beach in East Hampton - Lifeguard/Restrooms/Concession/BBQ's - Great for picnics, hiking and family outings
- Alewive Brook Road in East Hampton - Limited parking available
- Big Albert's Landing in East Hampton - Lifeguard/Restrooms available
- Little Albert's Landing in East Hampton - Limited parking available
- Fresh Pond in East Hampton - Restrooms available
- Kirk Park in Montauk - Lifeguard/Restrooms/Concession available. Daily parking permits available for $35
- West Lake in Montauk - Restrooms/Concession available
- Ditch Plains in Montauk - Lifeguard/Restrooms/Concession available. Please note that there are 3 lots for parking. The 1st lot is ONLY FOR RESIDENT PARKING. The 2nd and 3rd are available for non-resident parking.
- Gerard Park in Springs
- Lazy Point in Napeague
- Barnes Hold in Amagansett
- White Sands in Napeague
- Navy Road in Montauk
- Sammys Beach in East Hampton - Limited parking available
- Gin Beach in Montauk - Lifeguard/Restrooms/Concession available
- Culloden Point in Montauk - Limited parking available
- Navahoe Lane in Amagansett - Limited parking available
- S. Edison in Montauk - Lifeguard/Restrooms available
- Mill Hill Road in East Hampton - Limited parking available
- Old House Landing Road in East Hampton - Limited parking available
- Abrahams Landing Road in Amagansett
- Landing Lane in Springs
Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions on the above!
-The StayMarquis team